Assemblies Fellowship Camp 2004 

I spent the weekend up in Gohtong Jaya, for an Inter-Brethren Assemblies Fellowship Camp, attended by people from Brethren assemblies across the country. Well, supposed to anyway, but they were mainly from the Klang Valley and Penang and Ipoh.

I was initially apprehensive about attending the retreat, because I only knew two people who were going and well, over the years, this retreat seems to have garnered a reputation as a "Singles Camp", where not a few love stories have grown from. But after being assured that the people I knew going were only focused on having fun, decided to go along.

Having been out of the Brethren circle and having influences from different schools of Christians such as the charismatic group and the Anglican churches, I was wondering what it would be like to go to a Brethren retreat again.

The conclusion? Fantastic!!! I had one of the best weekends and enjoyed myself so much with the people I met during the retreat. Everyone was so excited about meeting old and new friends and by the second day we were there most of us knew each other's names. By the second night, we were all feeling comfortable and chummy with one another, which enabled us to go a little deeper with each other and share from our hearts. By the last day some apparently shed tears at having to say goodbye to each other.


The highlights of the retreat for me were:

1. Meeting my brothers and sisters-in-Christ from all different assemblies

2. Dinner times where you get to spend more time talking to people

3. Playing captainball (one time I fell down on my bum and knocked my elbow quite hard on the ground, which still hurts whenever I put pressure on my elbow, but where's the fun if you don't get rough just a wee bit?)

4. Playing Risk till 6.30am and conquering the world! Muahaha... (Only had half an hour's worth of sleep and fell sick for two days after that, but I still Conquered The World!! Muahaha...)