Usually I only like to enter one entry a day. But on days when inspiration hits me, I write more than one entry, but I set the entries to be published on different days to space out my thoughts which can be plenty. I know some of you might consider my writings to be heavy and too serious. So I'll try to fill up in between with some light note here and there.
On the last night of the camp last Sunday, nine of us snuck up to the lighthouse at 12am, and walked round the lighthouse to sit facing the ocean. Then Hwok Lok had a brilliant idea, to use a different path from the one we used to head back down from the lighthouse, which was seconded by Michael Drieberg (it's a Chinese dude but don't ask me why his surname is so canggih) who went to scout the path with Hwok Lok, and because both of them came back positive, we proceeded down the not-so-well trodden path which was covered with big bushes. Hwok Lok insists that there is a path, and I believe him. I'm sure it was under all those bushes!!
When I finally reached the blessed cement stairs, my ankles felt like it was bitten by a hundred insects!! And my ankle has been itching for the last two days! Is it a surprise when I have eight insect bites on my left ankle!?!
So I proceeded to send them a polite text message of rebuke that went:
"Oi!! U know the path u took us thru the grasses 2 head down fr the lighthouse? Brilliant idea, Einstein! My ankle has 8 insect bites n I've been itching 4 2 days now!!"
Michael's text message in reply to me:
"Hmm, I really tot u were praising me. It was u that suggested it rite? I just go n scout only, n I walked thru it twice also no prob :p Looks like u have really big ankles to have 8 bites. Hehe."
Grr... it's not enough to add insult to injury, but to blame it all on me.
Delicate ankles, not big!
Post a Comment