All In A Day's Work 

Gosh... by the time I'm through with this role in my company I think I'll be a tough(er) nut to crack than when I started with! I feel like I'm being pounded over and over and over again with issues after issues after issues.

Yesterday I acually developed a bad headache because I was frowning too much. Some dude from America was around for training and he nearly wanted to listen to some of my earlier calls to customer because management wants us to sell more stuff than what's on our plate, which got me nervous but thank goodness he got distracted with something else. And Australian counterparts were pushing me to produce pricing for Malaysia and Thailand in less than a day, while my manager wanted me to sit in on a teleconference call with some people in Hong Kong and China and I had to strain to try to understand what the China dude was trying to say, while preparing my quotation for Australia. And then the silly China dude wanted us to read up on some things to understand some process before we can even proceed to discuss some pending matters, as if we didn't already have enough processes to learn and abide by and now we have to learn about a process we only get exposed to 1% of our time?! When the line in the telecon went silent for a while because nobody knew how to moved on with the issue we were discussing about, me being the most junior person among the 8 or so people in the conference wanted to snap at them to come up with some conclusion before we closed the call (but of course didn't), but spoke quite sharply during the conference. Heh, they musta thought I was some manager or something. Well, if you were in a call with managers and directors and no one even knew the objective of the call or what they wanted to achieve, wouldn't you be irritated? I mean for goodness sake, people like them should know how to make decisions you would think. And wouldn't you be irritated if you were dragged into it for no reason since you are really too junior to even be involved with managerial matters? And you think I would be flattered, that people think I should be in that call despite my juniority, but you know what, when you have a whole load of work to do and all the call did was to aggravate, annoy and distract you from your real work, you really wouldn't want to be in that call. And then when you think you're just about to finish your work and be able to leave the office with a light heart, some financial dude says he can't process the pricing because he argued that it needs some form of approval and by that time Australians were nicely relaxing at home because they are 2 hours ahead of us in Malaysia and they don't seem to want to switch on their handphones during those times, which meant that I couldn't get what I needed to get done to be done in time. And I have pending customers I've yet to follow up with, and now some Thailand financial dude talking to me about pivot rate, inverse rate and whatever rate...

I can just cry.

But I feel good, especially after ranting it all out. Work's fun though, at the end of the day. Even if it does make me feel like tearing things apart. Did I mention I have an unhealthy obsession with work? The sicker it makes me feel the happier I am.

In a way. :/

Labels: