Down under 

I didn't realise I had been sick, well, I wasn't feeling very well last week, but I didn't really realise I had been sick for a while. I thought it was just the usual under the weather, one-of-those-days-you're-not-your-perky-self thing that was going on for... hmm... at least two weeks? :o

But, after finally (and stubbornly) consenting to go to see a doctor after my manager encouraged me to, the doctor confirmed with me that I was sick, and I had been somewhat sick since July.

Heh... ok, so maybe not that dramatically. But he did say it's the same problem I went to see him for in July, just that it's appearing a little differently, and this time, it looked like I have an infection to boot with. And my mom thought I was bluffing when I told her I had fever last week. Hmmphh...

So maybe that's the reason why I've been having a tough time trying to focus and enjoy my work.

And my dear best friend called me up at 1.30pm today to cheer me up.


Gurjeet: What you doing?

Me: I'm at home.

Gurjeet: What are you doing at home?!

Me: I'm sick. Doc says I have an infection or something.

Gurjeet: Really?! Have you had your lunch?

Me: Yeah, I cooked porridge.

Gurjeet: Come out for lunch with me!

Me: ??? I had my lunch, and I'm sick!

Gurjeet: Nevermind, just watch me have lunch.

Me: ??!?! I'm sick!!!

Gurjeet: So? I'm hungry and I haven't had lunch yet!

Me: But I'm sick!!!

Gurjeet: Come out lah, I'll pick you up.

Me: But... but... I'm sick!!!

Gurjeet: We can go shopping for shoes...

Me: Ohbytheway,IsawthisreallynicepairofshoesatStudioin1Utama,andIwanttogetthose. No! I'm sick!

Gurjeet: You're always sick. *sour voice* Fine. Go rest. I'll call someone else.


Have I told you guys she's my best friend and the most supportive, loving, attentive, selfless and most understanding person and that's why I love her?