Getting married to a Geordie 


He's as Geordie as far as a Geordie goes. And I thought football fans in Malaysia was crazy enough. He sure takes the cake.

Phil Milburn, born in Newcastle, probably die in Newcastle as well. Sweetest guy I ever met. He also bought me my ticket to watch Newcastle United vs Barcelona at St James park for my birthday. He and Craig taught me the most about Newcastle, and it was fun, going out with them.

Now he and Craig are both scheduled to get married, and I haven't quite placed what it evokes in me yet. Maybe regret, that I can't be there at their wedding (might still try to make it for Phil's, but not Craig's 'cause it's in Ireland), maybe reminiscence, of the times spent with the both of them. Maybe loss, when I moved back to Malaysia and left the life in Newcastle, of which both of them were in.

At any rate, it still amazes me that this Geordie lad, Phil, is going to have his wedding reception at St James Park.