Being nice helps... so does feminine charms! 

Despite all that is said about the sales line, I feel that it is because of this profession that I've learnt to become a much nicer person. Because like it or not, in my company, we have to make sure we are nice to people, in particular those in the back end team, to make sure that they will get our orders processed quickly and efficiently! You simply will not benefit by snapping at them what they are supposed to do!

Hehe... since my team members see me regularly and have come to understand my moods better now, they know how moody I can be without being bothered about it.

One day I was getting really agitated with a problem that was giving me a lot of headache. Temper flaring, my voice started to rise as I talked to a guy from the finance team on the phone, and my words were getting sharper as I lashed out at him and I started getting this feeling I was going to slam the phone down if he didn't try harder to resolve the problem...


Me : What do you mean you can't approve this pricing?!?

Chun Wa (Name changed to protect the innocent) : I can't approve it because you changed the line items...

Me : ?!?! But I just added two more line items and the rest are the same!!!! And you approved this the last time!!!

Chun Wa : But you see, the prices change from month to month... I can't help...

Me : But you approved part of the pricing yesterday and today you are changing the pricing again!!!!

Chun Wa : Err...

Me : *Voice dropping and lips pouting* ChUuuUn WaAa - aa .....

Chun Wa : Ehh?!?!

Me : I know I'm giving you a lot of headache, but I reeeallly need your help lorh... *still pouting*

Chun Wa : *Breaks out in laughter* Oklah! I help you lah!

Hanging up the phone, feeling satisfied with myself...

Colleague beside me : WaaH... so teh (referring to my wheedling tone) wan?!

Me : Of course lah... if not how to get him to help me? :P

Labels: