No monkey business for me 



People ask me what I have against monkeys. Everything! No, they aren't cute, their dangerous! Now, if they didn't traumatise me the way they did, I might like them a little more. Maybe some monkeys might be cute, but not the type of monkey in the picture above.

Because the back of my house is facing a secondary forest, these monkeys used to (before they got rid of half the secondary forest and captured most of the monkeys) poke their noses in our queit and peaceful neighbourhood.

A few years back, these stooopid monkeys got too tempted by the sight of the ample food we had in the kitchen and managed to tear down the mosquito netting that had kept them out of our house for years and ate ALL the food in sight (and we had A LOT 'cause for some reason my mom decided to keep the kitchen laden with it at that time), even to the point of breaking a glass jar that kept some tid bits. And if tearing the mosquito netting, eating all our food and breaking glass jars was not enough, they had to pee all over the floor as well. It was such a mess.

And guess who had to clean up? My dad, brother and sister all quickly made their excuses to leave the house and left ME to clean up everything.

And if that wasn't enough, earlier this year, after an Easter conference, my church elder and his wife dropped me home. I saw a big ass male monkey sitting in front of my porch and I knew that meant trouble. I didn't want to go out of the car, but my church elder was assuring me there wasn't anything to be worried about. I got out of the car dubiously and took a few tentative steps to my house and the stoooopid monkey jerked. Another few tentative steps and the STOOOOPID monkey started hissing and chasing me!!! I ran all the way back into my elder's car and REFUSED to go out again until the monkey left. Which it did, after my elder got out of the car with an umbrella.

So you see, my angst against monkeys run deep, which is why I dislike them intensely.