Sometimes parents can be such liars 

You know how sometimes kids can drive you half nuts by their endless yet innocuous questions, and because of that it forces the person that the kid is bombarding at with all the questions (usually the parents) to be creative in how they answer those questions?

Well, I'm not yet in the position to share amusing anecdotes how as the adult I deal with the kid's questions. But I remember quite clearly how I one time bombarded my mother with my endless questions when I was probably less than 5 years old, while she was cooking dinner.


Small me : Ma, what are you cooking?

Ma : I'm cooking chicken for dinner.

Small me : Why do you have to cook?

Ma : I cook so we can eat dinner lorh...

Small me : Can everything be eaten?

Ma : Yes, as long as you know how to cook it, you can eat it.

Small me : So if you know how to cook, you can everything?

Ma : Yes.

Small me : Can we eat a horse?

Ma : Yes.

Small me : A car leh?

Ma : Yes.

Small me : Car also can? (At this point, my brain started to go sure boh...)

Ma : Yes, if you know how to cook, you can. (Wahh... my own mother... still dowan to give up on her lie...)

Small me : House also can ah?

Ma : Yes.


Waah... my mother ah...