Last Saturday night, Davin was asking round who had AB blood type, because his friend's uncle needed blood to be donated. Davin of course forgot that AB is a universal recipient and he could easily have anybody donating. Being the universal donor, the ever generous O blood type, I volunteered to donate since the last time I did was last year in August.
Then this morning I got an sms from Davin where and what time to go and a part of my brain went, Aiyak... he remembered. Oh no... have to donate blood...
Nevertheless still applied half-day leave since I already said I would. Then manager wasn't sure about approving it, but afterwards, my colleague said he would back me up in the office and then another part of my brain went, Aiya... no more excuse now. Now I really got to donate...
I don't mind them sticking the big ass needles into my arm and drawing my precious blood that keeps me alive. But I've got some serious problems about them sticking that stupid sharp poking device they have into my fingers when they test my blood.
*Grimace*
The time I was supposed to donate blood when I was in college, I was freaking out because of the blood testing, but Gurjeet kept forcing me until I nearly wanted to cry :'( (me eyes were a little moist). And the last time I did in UH, I kept putting my finger forward towards the guy who was waiting to test my blood, only to take it back because my guts mengecut the second before he would prick my finger.
I musta sat there for 10 minutes squirming while trying to pluck my courage up before he finally looked up and pretended to talk to himself, saying, "Orang sudah nak mati tunggu darah didermakan, dia nak takut pulak." Which is translated to, people are at their deathbeds waiting for blood donation, and she is scared to donate. And that helped because after that I stuck my finger out obediently to let him prick my poor finger.
Wish me luck. I hope I don't go there and have them stick their needle into my blood only to tell me my blood isn't eligible because it's lacking iron or whatever.
wow! cool new site. got 'house'-warming ah? i like the drop down links at the side.
Posted by
Shih Chung |
11:30 PM
Feel free to throw me one :D
Posted by
ee |
10:20 AM