My weekend has been pretty good. *Two thumbs up*
I went to watch two movies, Perhaps Love and The Chronicles of Narnia. Perhaps Love could have been less choppy in its scenes and having more fluidity. It somehow reminded me about Wong Kar Wai's shows, which, I am not a fan of. :P But, at the end of it, I still enjoyed the show very much because the songs were quite good and it was a very thought provoking movie. The characters had so much depths to them and it leaves you musing over why they did certain things.
And Narnia was not a disappointment. But like ireneQ, the unveiling of the wardrobe irked me. It was pretty dramatic, but it was never meant to be dramatic. And though I wish I didn't, I do somehow feel that just a tiny bit of blood and gore would have made the movie a little bit more realistic. But I shall refrain myself from talking too much about the movie. Piece of advice for those who haven't watched it, and haven't read any of the books yet, please, at least read the first book, The Magician's Nephew. If you don't, you will miss out on understanding the context of the movie and you won't understand some of the things in the movie, as the movie is based on the second book.
The books are really easy reads, so it will really won't take that much of your time! And CS Lewis is soooo good. Read the first book for heaven's sake!! But I also think you can afford not to read the second book yet, so don't. But please also read the second book after that, because I felt the movie failed to capture the emotion of the story, and of the characters, namely, Aslan. I felt they could have done more in developing Aslan's character, but in a whole, the movie really doesn't do so much of it because it feels like they expect the viewers to have already read the Chronicles, so that's why, read the first book. The kids were brilliant actors, but you got to read about Aslan the way CS Lewis wrote of him.
Overall, I enjoyed the movie a lot, and I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more IF the audience could have been *&@$*@#*%&@%&*@% much more polite and well behaved. Grrrr... there were people trying to explain the movie during the movie until I quite fiercely shushed those that were near me enough to be shushed. And I could have strangled the amount of people walking in and out of the show, seriously, I could have. I hate, loathe, despise, detest, dislike immensely, abhor being disturbed by anything in the midst of a good movie. And my hate list of disturbance are:
1. Handphone ringing
2. People talking on their handphones loudly
3. People kicking the back of my seat
4. People trying to explain the movie to their friend(s)
5. Smelly breaths (Not mine! The other co-viewers! Trust me, this can really disturb your viewing)
6. People walking in and out in front of you.
7. Small kids who don't know how to control their volume.
8. Parents who don't know how to teach their children to control their volume.
9. People who talk to themselves
10. People who fart in the cinema
Ok, so I have never experience the 10th item, but I think I would be really annoyed if someone did... :D
That's why i choose to watch the movie at 1U...GSC for good surrounding system....TGV for cheaper price.....So make your choice.....but at least I can avoid ur ten disturbance....wah haha!!!!
Posted by
StephyQ |
11:23 AM