Of clothes and women 

Recently a friend bought for herself the new Motorola mobile and we were ooh and ahh-ing at it and she explained that we should treat ourselves once a while to something good. So taking her advice, I decided to treat myself too... I went shopping!

Heheh... and this time I really allowed myself to treat myself good. At the end of the 4 hours I spent in 1U last Wednesday, I walked away with bags from Zara, Top Shop, Ms Selfridge, Naf Naf, MNG and Dorothy Perkins. Believe me, it took me 3 hours before I decided to just give the money to the cashier for all the clothes. It took me one hour just to let me reservations down and to try on any clothes from this stores because the prices for these clothes from these stores are slightly above the average price.

And then it took me another hour to overcome my hesitation on trying different clothes because although in general, I would be considered as a fair dresser, my two best friends have been trying to change my wardrobe for quite a while. And my hesitation was because I kept hearing both their voices in my head!

Try this... Nooo, not that... I don't like that... I really like this... Just try that...

And because I kept hearing their voices, I found myself reaching out for something and then pulling back because either I felt their disapproval or the voice in my head was trying to get me to stop picking out my typical boring and safe clothes. I had to finally tell myself to trust myself and believe that I can pick out good clothes even without both of them to give me their seemingly expert advices. That I do have a good sense of fashion myself, just that I had always limited myself to the $$$ factor, and that day I refused to let that be one.

After that, it took me another hour to try on all the different clothes and to compare with the nearly similar designs from the competing stores and in the last hour finally got around to purchasing the different clothes I tried on before. And when I started, I couldn't stop! So that's how it feels like being a full blown girl...

And so I walked away feeling triumphant (and tired) with my brand new outfits. And my two new outfits are hanging prettily in my cupboard, which will probably take months before I relent to using them, and I bought them all by myself! Without my two fashion advisors! I feel so proud of myself...

Ok, fine, it wasn't fully independent of them... two pieces I bought was already picked out by them before in my last trips with them to the mall. :P

Akakakkakakaka...I'm definitely proud of you la! So when are you gonna catwalk them for me to see?

Post a Comment