The time has come... when my ego takes a trip downtown. Sniff... my flawless and what has been called 'Dove advertisement' skin, is no longer flawless and now eligible only for the Before and After advertisements, namely as the Before model.
I don't think I'm as stressed as I can be to warrant the acne outbreak, and I do drink lots of water though I may not be eating as much fruits and vege as I used to. At any rate, with my outbreak spreading, I thought it might help to have professional help and decided to go and do a facial.
But to pay RM118-RM198 for just a session?!?! And they recommended six sessions that would amount over to a thousand RM over?!?! Ok, I may be vain, but not that vain. Apparently the main cause of it is dehydration, and I did go to the professional-professional beauty salon. But still... my beauty isn't that precious to me to warrant me spending so much money on my skin. What next?! Spending thousands of RM on my hair because it's not straight/soft/moisturised/vibrant enough?! Or on my nails that are dull/too short/too long/cuticles suffering from some scientific name I don't even know the meaning of?!
Nope, my money can be very much better spent than over my skin. Sorry skin, you're just going to have to be blemished, having uneven tone and just not pretty enough for this world. As a consolation skin, I'm sure God will still accept us in heaven.
Nonetheless, I do not believe that money is the only way to solve problems, so I scoured the great thing called Internet and found real savvy ways in giving my skin some treats:
1. To banish blackheads, rub lemon juice over blackheads before going to bed. In the morning, rinse your face with cool water and repeat the process each night until blackheads are gone.
2. To bring life and lustre back to dull damaged hair by combinging 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup honey, and approximately 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Set the mixture aside. Rinse hair with water, towel-dry, then work in a small amount of the mixture and comb it through evenly. Cover hair with a plastic bag for 1/2 hour. Shampoo and rinse for shiny, luxurious results.
Well, you get the idea anyway... I'm sure there are more than one way to skin the cat, and so there are definitely more than one way to keep my skin healthy without paying hundreds of Ringgit away like that.
"To bring life and lustre back to dull damaged hair by combinging 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup honey, and approximately 3 tablespoons lemon juice."
The grammar here is wrong. There should be a comma after "hair", "by" should be removed and combining should be changed to "combine". So as such, I wouldn't trust anything with bad English (curse my subediting job damnit!)
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:18 AM