Bitten by the shopping bug 

Last Saturday afternoon, I took my first visit to Ikea with Ee Von and below is her account of our adventure at Ikea:


I was half dying of starvation before I got a call from Ee Wei who finally decides to drag her lazy ass out of bed in the afternoon. We went shopping and picked up this yellow shopping bag at a place that had many yellow shopping bags. It showed Ee Wei and I a great many things. It took us here and there, through obstacle courses of shelves and cupboards, cabinets and drawers, tables and chairs, round and round, we followed the arrow, in and out, up and down to things that made us coo with delight or frown with disgust or tried very hard to resist from. Such as these towering tentacles of totally useless colorful round cardboard containers:



An absolutely useless thing to own


The yellow bag had great powers that drew me to colorful things like how the scent of shit would draw a fly to it. The yellow bag was evil and I had to tear my gaze away from the hypnotic power of these circular and colorful useless entities, and almost amputate my right arm that was slowly reaching for one of those, but eventually I managed to turn away from them only to face a sickeningly adorable pink stool.



I'm a proud owner of a small pink stool!


And here is the first signs of Ee Wei's waning resitance towards the unknowing powers of said yellow bag. She made herself comfortable and thought the pink of the stool would light her room up a little. And match the pink pillow she was sure to get. Again, it was the works of the evil yellow bag. And her pink flip flops which she already owns. I was proud when she stood up and walked away from it. The pinkness of it all was hard to resist but she managed. This yellow bag was a great deceiver [See it slyly hiding behind my poor unsuspecting friend].


Looks like I have a dimple huh? Thanks to my acne breakout!


So it continued to lead us to walked around some more. At that time, we were still unaware of the clever manipulation of the yellow bag. Eventually, it led us to stumble upon what I called "Aww" Cuteness #258032687 of the day. This mini trolley:


Felt like a powerful giant

Ee Wei did what she did best - pose. I'm glad these things are not for sale. 'Nuff said. The yellow bag will tempt, but it will not temper with our wills. Or so we thought. The mini trolley was barely 20 feet away from the pink stool. I soon found Ee Wei backtracking as if hypnotized, back to where the pink stool was. Her reason to stuffing it into the yellow shopping bag? "I need it for my XBox". Read: The yellow bag won and I can no longer fight it.

And we walked some more. We passed great aisles of great things and Ee Wei was strangely enthralled by something I couldn't tell what. But the yellow bag realized it's limitations and so Ee Wei was left with a strange crick in her neck before she snapped out of it and we walked on. All the time Ee Wei was helpless to the powers of the yellow bag, I was strangely unaffected for the most part. I'd like to think it was my surrender of the yellow bag's silent co-conspirator, my credit cards, that has given me greater powers to resist it's lure.


"Excuse me sir, but I would like to take a look at that one! The one right on top there on the left!"

But then suddenly...we were distracted by a force greater than the yellow bag. It was the power of all cuteness combined. We saw a mini human being driving one of those cute mini trolleys, zipping in and out between big human beings. As if we were sucked out of one world to another, we were mesmerized by the cuteness of this mini human being and his attempts to reach the check out counters.


"Excuse me, excuse me, outta the way people! Coming through!!"

Alas...the power of the yellow shopping bag was stronger still. It became hungry and it's wrath towards our momentarily ignorance of it was channeled to lure Ee Wei to a great many things she didn't need. In the end...her will power was weak and she gave in when she stuffed into the bag something to satisfy it's hunger.


This has got to be the most useless section in Ikea ever.

Hmm... I wonder how I would look, with my picture in this. Addicted to pink!

That's it, I don't wanna think anymore, just buy buy buy!

And so...with that last item. The yellow bag's demands were forever silenced.

Until the next time it strikes again of course. But from now till then...Ee Wei will be free from it's clutches to enjoy her yellow bag instigated spoils.

Oh, my poor friend.


Copyright of eevonchung

Ahahahaha...I like the running commentaries on the pictures.

Post a Comment