No 1-28 for us 


It's Chinese New Year!

No, actually not all that excited. In case you're wondering what happened to my Las Vegas trip, it was cancelled. Am I disappointed, just a little because everyone got so excited about the plans after the conference and was looking to have a good time with my colleagues. But not that disappointed because taking two weeks away from work can mean a helluva time when we come back. Even now I'm barely coping, I shudder to think what would happen if I disappeared for two weeks.

And the main reason why I'm not excited yet about Chinese New Year is because I'm just waaaay too tired to even think about it. But I shall refrain from talking about work too much. I'm already way too preoccupied with it. But actually, because I spend too much time with it, I really have nothing else to say except about it!

I was sitting with one of my account managers discussing with him on the accounts and my mom called. She was bugging me about meeting them for dinner and proceeded to unleash her reknown nagging skills until I could only beg her to let me go for dinner with them. Heheh.

The bomb threat


But shortly after reaching the restaurant with my family, I got a call from my colleague telling me to leave the office. He thought I was still in the office, and apparently, there were a number of police cars that zoomed to the site and ordered everyone to leave (my manager later called to check where I was and told me he had never seen everyone pack and disappear so quickly before). Apparently there was a bomb threat so they evacuated everyone from the building. We reckon it was probably a disparaged ex-employee that wanted to get a bit of revenge back. Or maybe it was our arch nemesis HPee giving us a grand welcome to the new lunar year.

Listen to mommy!


At any rate, I was a little disappointed. I had to miss all the excitement! But I learnt a few lessons, the golden rule I time and time again forget to learn, keep my notebook with me constantly. My poor notebook was the only one left alone in the whole building because my parents promised to let me go back to work after dinner. The second lesson, listen to my mom! If there was really a bomb that went off, my mom probably saved my life with her nagging!