I find that in the presence of my other seniors in the company, I tend to be shy, not speaking out much and I always defer to their opinions and in front of customers, I hardly speak. Just smile and nod and laugh politely when a joke is being made.
But then, I am, after all, rather fresh. So being humble and uncertain isn't inappropriate.
And I sense that from the way people are looking at me and the things that they say about me, thir perception of me is that I am raw and untested. Interestingly, quite a number of them are rather protective towards me. In fact, very protective! It feels rather novel, having them protecting me. My first manager, who will always be the best in my heart, had the tendency of dunking my poor head into the salty sea water although always making sure she would take it out the moment the sharks came too close.
At the moment, I feel like the people around me are still trying to keep me in the swimming pool.
I felt very delighted though, when someone suggested I meet this specific customer who seemed to be well known for his miang-ness (horny-ness), but the account manager immediately shook his head even though prior to that he was joking about how another female colleague was being at the mercy of this same customer. I quite liked the feeling of being protected.
... so much thoughts. This will definitely be an interesting year for me.
So much new experiences
Post a Comment