The past few days, I've been waking up slightly late, about 8.30am, which is still early, I know, but I usually get up earlier than that. And when I woke up during those times, my head felt heavy so I knew my body wasn't feeling very well.
This morning, I woke up about 9am, and since it's a Saturday I thought I should pamper myself to a good rest but my head felt lighter this morning, which meant my body was feeling better, and well, for some reason it was protesting at me lying down anymore. So I got up, read the newspaper and surprised my mom for being up early, and surprised her even more after I disappeared and came back with paper towels and cleaning liquid. Since I have been diligently ignoring any house chores for the past two months, she didn't expect me to start cleaning the windows without being told to.
Then in the afternoon, my mom dragged me to go see some showcases because my sister wants to buy an apartment. Sheesh... I had to hang around at the showrooms for hours and pestered by my parents and my sis to consider getting one myself. I could literally feel a stone mask settling on my face and was emotionless when they dragged me around the showroom, with my arms folded across my chest.
There were many reasons why I did not want to buy a property yet, but since they didn't ask (persistently), I didn't share. I think I became even more stubborn when my dad was trying to convince me to purchase. I hate it when he tries to force me to do something and act flabbergasted at why I do not comply as if I was the most daft person on earth.
But good thing that my mother and sister decided not to push me too much and my mom slyly commented that I could have an 'ulterior motive' for not wanting to buy. Hmm... either that was a lucky guess or my mom does know me after all. I'm just surprised she didn't try prying.
All in due time I guess.
Cash-rich, asset-poor
Post a Comment