Chillin' at Chilling Waterfalls 

Shiva : We're going trekking this weekend...

Me : What?!?! And miss my Saturday morning sleep-in?!!?

Shiva : If you don't come... I will NEVER call you for a single thing ever again! And you were the one who asked me to organise this!

Me : *Grumbling to self* When I said organise an outing, I was thinking of walking in the air-conditioned shopping malls.


So a merry group of nine went for a morning trek to Chillin Waterfalls at Kuala Khubu Baru.



We were trying to make it look casual and natural. Obviously failed. From left: Sun, Thomas, Saw Ean, Joanne, Fred, Wai Ting, me and Kuok Ching



Here we go... Saw Ean, leading the pack, Sun, her best friend, KC @ Snow White (he's super fair!), me, Joanne, Thomas and Fred


The back view... Joanne on the left, me, Wai Ting, KC, Sun and Saw Ean at the front


So peaceful...


Not anymore!


Let's see... lemme try my translating skills... "Forbidden to catch fish in this river. Whoever is found to disobey this precept above can be charged under the 1984 Forest Act (Something 1993). If found guilty, you can fined not more than RM10,000.00 or be jailed for a period not more than 3 years or both, that is being fined and jailed."

For some reason I don't think this is gonna scare anyone. But I didn't see any fish in the river when we lumberjacks waded through it either so I guess the signboards is just a show that someone's doing their work?


Nearly there, so we stopped to pose a bit. Me, Joanne, KC and Shiva with Saw Ean peeking out from the top.


Finally reached our destination. Beautiful works of God.


So beautiful I couldn't help but try to get closer to it.


And meditate beside it...


I'll never ever complain that there is nothing to do in Malaysia again. I also heard there is a place you can go, where you have to swim underwater through submerged pathways to reach some caves you can explore. Cool! And I thought Malaysia was a boring place to be in.