Back to the grind. Sigh. The one whole week off with just food, sleep, games, TV, family and friends have spoiled me terribly.
It was so HARD getting back to work.
I was so restless that I hardly got any work done and walked up and down to find different people who I would just normally message through our company's IM to get my work done (and get a bit of exercise as well). Figured I might as well go meet them to do some work PR while I'm in the mood (and burn some Chinese New Year flabs at the same time).
At least I got loads of work PR done today. Ended up going for a super long tea break with a colleague and barely half an hour getting back to office, left for dinner with another group of colleagues.
But you know... despite the slow and not very productive day I had in the office today, I still found myself enjoying work during the brief spurts of concentration on it. Freaky ain't it? And when I paid more attention to my colleagues than my work, I found I really began to bond with them and enjoyed the friendships that are beginning to take shape.
I know that last bit may sound a bit weird but bear in mind that I dislike being pretentious. If I don't like a person, I don't try to pretend I do and vice versa. If a person doesn't like me, guess I prefer them not to pretend to. Saves a lot more energy. Because of that I've taken a more cautious approach towards people in the last year or so, where I'm a lot more reserved these days.
Okok... I'll stop trying to justify myself. Just thought that you might be interested to get to know how my mind works, since you're reading my blog. :P