While I was on the train towards KL International Airport to fly to Penang on Wednesday night, I had some time to think. And I was thinking about how I've made some decisions in the last year that I had not regretted from the moment I made and acted on those decisions. For a long time, my philosophy was this - that the moment I make a decision, I resolve never to regret the decision, which has made me careful in considering my actions before I act upon it.
And that made me wonder, have I really made any decision I had never regretted before?
Since I've been feeling a little melancholy about UK lately, I was asking God whether I had made the right decision when I decided to come back to Malaysia instead of trying to stay in UK.
And nearly immediately, I was brought to a realization, I had never made a decision whether or not to stay in UK or to return to Malaysia. At that time when I stood in that crossroad, the only decision I made was to follow wherever God led me. And God led me back to Malaysia.
I may have regretted not being able to prolong the joy that I had shared with the people in UK, but I have never regretted following Jesus back to Malaysia. There seems to be more downs than ups, but for some reason, all the downs felt like ups.
I miss...
Walking through the empty streets at night and feeling the cold wind caressing my cheeks.
Having dinner with Lou and sharing with each other the things we love about God.
Hanging around Garthheads and staying over at Yvonne or Tricia's room.
Friday Chinese Fellowship meetings and having supper after in McD's or Chinatown.
Evening service at JPC and chatting with people during student supper.
Lying on the grass in Heaton Park during brilliant summer evenings.
Inviting myself to Ash's room for a cuppa tea.
Dinner at Hui Min's place.
The Jesmond girls and the Fenham Boys.
The birthday celebrations.
Welson, Silitonga, Mickey, Hui Min, Ming, Ramzi, Ian, Ash, D, Lou, Dunk, Joe, Sharon, Carla, Phil, Pastor Desmond, Carrie...
Update:
Arrrrghh!!! Chan Li Yuan!!! I wrote this before I read your blog!!! Now I feel worse!!! I feel like strangling Mr Apple now! Call himself friend... never share good news also! :P Sniff... now I really miss Newcastle!
GrrRRRR~~~ 'Hate' you girls lah....Ee wei ANG, Chan Li yuan.....Now i'm in the missing newcastle dilemma too.....grRRR!!!!!
Posted by
StephyQ |
11:54 AM
waaahahhaaha... same la. it's a cycle... it keeps coming back after a while. haaaiii...
Posted by
ee |
1:33 AM