Parting (with my money) is such a sweet sorrow 

I went shopping today and bought a whole new outfit. Thanks to Guju and Ee Von, my budget for clothes has increased. It's because of them that I've been a lot more spoilt now when it comes to clothing. Interestingly my colleagues have commented that I seem to be dressing very well lately and that since I joined my new BU, I've been looking prettier. Well, can't be helped. I've to meet customers now and my female peers dress well, so have to keep up with them.

I was also giving my mom some money for the month and repaying her for some money overdue, but she said I gave her extra and gave the extra back. And then after that, I told her I better give her more from now on, so she can help do the saving for me, since I know she'll be worst than the most conservative CFO. The only time she'll let me withdraw the money is either when it's for worthwhile investment or to save a life. Her hand shot out the moment I said that, to snatch back the extra money I was holding in my hand.

Heh... whenever I try to give my dad some money each month, he'll keep on telling me it's ok, it's all right. But if I'm late giving the money to my mom, she'll call me up at my mobile during the day to remind me that I'm late. But I know she's making sure I give her the money so she can just save it to one day give it back to me anyway. I think my dad has since learnt his lesson since I've not been giving him money for the last few months, so my mom tells me.

Good to know my nagging paid off! Haahhaa...but sigh...unlike you, I haven't been shopping at all...

Post a Comment