Fond memories 

If by now you haven't realise how important Taiping is in my life, well, I guess I should just say, Taiping is very important in my life. I love everything about it, with the exception of the incredible heat that town has. Did you know, that Taiping is the hottest place in the whole of Malaysia? And because of the heat, it forms heavy convective rain. And what's unique about this is that because it usually rains daily, the locals actually bet among each other as to who can accurately predict what time the first rain drops, ie either on the roof or some tin or something.

How's that for small town entertainment?

















Taiping town

This building is directly opposite my grandfather's textile store. When I used to stay with my grandparent when I was really small, they would bring me to the store nearly every day and night. I would just hang around and play with my grandfather's hired help.















Swiss Hotel coffee shop

My grandpa used to take me there for breakfast, and he would have his cup of coffee and pour some of the coffee unto the saucer and let me sip it from there.
















Lim Chooi

And this is my grandpa's textile shop. Ang Lim Chooi is his name. Every evening, my grandpa would come home for dinner, and then take me and my grandma to the shop and we would wait until they closed the shop and then we headed back home again.














The Store hypermarket

My grandma would take me there at times while we waited for my grandpa to close shop and they had the the little joyrides there, which my grandma would pay 20 cents for me to ride. When my brother is around, he would go up to the second/third floor that had the arcade games there.