I wonder if it's just one of those funny coincidences.
I lamented to Edward about having a sad life... I spend so much time at work, office and with colleagues during the weekdays... and during weekends, though I try to strictly cut off access by work, office and colleagues into my life, I sleep it away most of the time. If not, it's gym. And he suggested that I should try to meet up with friends more instead of spending so much of my time with colleagues.
And then this week... I've met up with an ex-college mate, who I had such a major crush on when I first met him. What drama! The first time we ever saw each other was when he was standing at the forefront of a packed lift and the doors were just closing. We saw each other and we both just connected at that single moment and you could literally feel/see the currents zapping across the corridor between the two of us. After that we (notice I put the word we instead of just I) kept trying to look for each other or bump into each other. Oh shies! I remember looking and memorising his schedules and 'coincidentally' hanging around his classes. In my defense, Gurjeet egged me on and with such support, how could I resist making a fool out of myself?
Anyway!
I met up with him for drinks and had a blast catching up with him because even though we promised to meet up when I first came back from UK, it was only after 3 years when we finally did.
And as I was catching up with him, another old college mate called me up with scintillating, CNN worthy news. Well, my version of CNN anyway. Have to meet up with him for drinks/dinner soon because I'm just burning for more details.
Hmm... what a weird coincidence. I used to have a crush on this college mate as well! Lemme think if I made a fool out of myself with this dude... hehe... nope! I didn't! But if I remember correctly, stooopid Azli did it for me! College was a blast now that memories of it are coming back. By the way, remember, anything said about me during those days are lies! All lies! Except for the good part. But don't believe everything that may be said about me during college! Lies I tell you!
Sigh... those were the days.
Update:
This is so weird. Today, I had two calls from friends I haven't caught up with for a number of months. And then as I was walking back into the office after a meeting, I bumped into a familiar face, a guy I knew from college, who's now working in a company in the same building as me. Then as I sat down to check my mail, a dear dear friend had sent a mail telling me he's back and wants to meet up to tell me everything that has been happening in his life. Super sweet.
But for some reason, everything feels pretty weird. It's surreal, as if there's something happening behind all these emergence of old friends who I've not met or spoken with for a long long time.
Good old days
Post a Comment