Some of the things I've been learning to grasp this year and to change my lifestyle and mindset to is:
1. To have a now mentality rather than a later mentality.
Really have to stop my procrastinating habits. The only thing that I don't really procrastinate too much on is my work, because to put off is to lose market share in the industry I am in. Sales is as much as a punishing career as it is rewarding.
2. To choose to act rather than react.
People business is difficult business. Wherever we are. Be it in the office, home, church or even with good friends. There are a lot of difficult people we come across, arrogant and lazy colleagues, irritating habits between family members, misunderstandings between friends, or even having to endure the critisizing and complaining church member. I can choose to react to the harsh words or arrogant attitudes, and lash back out in anger, or to complain to someone else, or to act like them to give them a taste of their own medicine. Or I can look at myself and consider my own negative attitude and choose to correct my ownself first, or to respond positively at the face of negativity and choose not to succumb to my own anger and splash ice cold water at the other person's face, repeatedly dunking their head in murky mud or throwing bananas at them...
The hardest part is to choose to act in humility and as much as I want to react in spite against the person annoying me, to choose to do what is right rather than what salves my anger.
I'm still learning. I hope I get there one day.
Update as of 2am:
Oooo... I really have to have a more 'now' attitude. I'm now scrambling to finish my final project for my Theology I class so I can hand it in by 5pm, Friday. 1000 words done, 4000 more to go. And I can't stop myself from hitting the 'Word Count' as if I was hoping to miraculously see the count shooting up all of a sudden to 4000++++. And I have so much office work to finish by tomorrow morning as well :'(
Changeling
Post a Comment