I should change calling this blog 'The footprints of my life' to 'The exploits of my work life' since so much of it is centred around my work.
But I shall try to avoid from talking too much about work.
... so ...
I got a 'Private Number' call today and I thought it was one of my business partners calling to bug me again so when I answered it, I was a little cold and abrupt. Then I heard a gweilo* voice and was taken aback.
When he asked if I was "Eeeh Waey" like how my English friends would, which funnily enough, my Geordie flatmate was calling me "Ee Wee" for the first half of the year which I thought was only her problem of pronouncing my name but found out she really thought my name was that when she was introducing me to another English dude who couldn't catch my name and she told the dude "It's Ee Wee... like Kiwi!". Right...
So anyway, back to the gweilo on the phone. When he pronounced my name, first thought was whether it was Ashley calling me since I mailed him (yes, him) some days back. Then he introduced himself as Peter Rowen and I was further taken aback. I've never really met the guy actually, I just know he's from Dave Chang's church and that he's an excellent preacher/teacher and he also teaches in MBS where I'm taking my MCS.
And the first thought after that was, wow... this is like the elite type of Christian, what's he doing calling me? I didn't exactly think out the thoughts in those exact words but I felt like that anyway. He called because of some matters in regards to MBS and after chatting for a bit we hung up.
Not very exciting life eh? What to do... :(
*Gweilo - White men
Eee Wee Schmae Wee
Post a Comment