I like my gifts... thank You! 

I knew 2006 would be a challenging year, I just didn't realise the extent of the challenges because if I did, I might have hesitated in taking up some things! I feel constantly stressed, constantly harassed, and constantly drained of energy.

Although, I'm sensing the winds changing its direction a little.

Something a colleague of mine said stuck in my mind; he believed that God gave men specific gifts. Eg, if someone was blind, he believed God could heighten their ability to hear better than a normal person would have. For him, he lacked in some areas, but he believed that he was gifted to work anything out with his hands. He could fix things where people struggled with.

It isn't hard to believe is it, that each of us could have some unique ability? And if we did, the biggest shame would be that we don't realise that unique ability and let that natural talent unpolished, unrefined and untapped.

My special ability, if I were to venture a guess, the one ability I'm prone to tap into most all these years was the ability to discern; of people's heart and character and of situations. I can't say I'm terribly excellent at it, but I rarely doubt this ability. God's still refining it though, and refining me in the process. Doesn't help when you bear a sword of excellent craftmanship when the swordsman lack the skills to wield it.

Coming back to the winds of change. I think it's because of God's gift of discernment that I am always so acutely in tune to the undercurrents of my emotions and thoughts. What makes me think that there are ripples of change in my life? No fun lar like that, everything spill out in my blog. Like that nothing to talk about in person right?

Heheh... many many years ago when I felt completely giftless and talentless, I asked God about what my undiscovered gifts could be. Two words came to my mind immediately after I asked, which was discernment and something I still would like to keep quiet about. The first thing that came to my mind was, what? So boring. I mean, couldn't I have more sensational gifts?! Like healing or musical talents?!?

Akakaka... I still find that moment so incredibly funny. It reminds me how young and foolish I was. Today, the greatest gift from God I treasure is the gift of discernment. However, the second one is still pretty much a dormant one, at least I think so. Maybe in time, it'll grow to be a powerful gift. All in God's time.