See, I've got this thing about going to foreign speaking lands. And I only have 2 French words in my vocabulary that's bonjour and merci. Hehehe... very much like how my Mandarin vocabulary used to be confined to wo bu che dou, wo chen de bu che dou (I don't know, I really don't know). I dislike the lack of control I have over my environment, and having no control scares the lights out of me. I want to do this while I still have some of my youthful bravado and since I have the time and sufficient funds to make the trip, why not? Admittedly though, the only reason why I'm willing to make the trip is because I at least now know one French dude (my colleague), which is the only thing giving me the peace of mind to do it. At least if there's anything that happens, or if I freak out or get into some sort of fix, there's someone a phone call away. So no, I'm not completely abandoning my control freak nature.
Hmm... I wonder whether I can convince Ash to take a few days off from work and be my tourist guide in France since he was there for placement for about a year, since he did do a good job being my tourist guide when I visited him in Birmingham. :)
I've got to really start planning my trip, where to stay, who to meet, what to do, where to go, how much budget. Oooo... I'm excited!
Met up with Joshua yesterday for dinner, an old friend and whose parents have lovingly dubbed me as an adopted daughter of theirs. It's funny in a nice way, that some things still hasn't changed all these years. He still does not answer to any unknown phone numbers on his mobile (I was trying to call him through my dad's phone 'coz I left my mobile in my office), and that he is still never punctual.
But, to his credit, some things has changed, he has finally learnt a thing or two on how to cope with moody people, e.g. me. Whenever I used to be annoyed last time, he would keep bugging me and keep asking why why why. It used to infuriate me more! Now he has just learnt to shut up and give space. Lessons courtesy of his moody girlfriend. Hehehe... thanks girl. Even if it took him 5 years to finally understand why he used to annoy me so much.
He surprised me when he patiently and quite willingly posed for me to experiment and familiarise myself with my camera!
