So I was talking to this girl in the office about my trip to France and she started getting excited, because she's been there before and she has good friends there. In fact, she got even more excited than me and she started getting info for me completely abandoning whatever she was doing!
She rubbed off on me and I was practising the smatter of French words she taught me and when a senior manager rang me on my mobile, I immediately answered it with a bright Bonjour! And when I realised it was one of the senior managers who had recently paid a trip to France a few months back, I got overexcited and repeated again more loudly and energetic, Bonjour Vernon!!
Heh... this is the reason why I always try to maintain a 'cool' facade at work. I always end up doing or saying something utterly stooopid when I get overexcited.
My boss was walking past at the exact moment I waved my hand in the air and loudly said bonjour to my senior manager and everyone around me burst out laughing, including my senior manager. Ai... couldn't even look up because I knew my boss was standing in front of me giving me a funny look.
Bonjour, oui, bonjour!
Post a Comment