Elbie the Sweetie 

When I parked my car this afternoon, a small stray kitty decided to adopt me. Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy as that, but it was pretty persistent. It followed me for a bit until a kind but hard hearted man picked it up and took it somewhere else and allowed me to run away. Kind to me, but hard hearted to the kitty.

I felt so bad because something about the kitty's grey fur and green clear eyes stuck to me. I couldn't concentrate at work and decided to see if anyone was willing to take it. I got lucky when one of my business partners said yes.

Shortly after, someone entered the office looking very confused. The cat decided since it couldn't get a mommy, it decided it should try a daddy and followed him right back to the office. So since I found someone to take it, decided to keep it in the office, in a box.

While I was busy working, a curious senior guy decided to take a look at the kitty and we were jolted by a sudden high pitched scream. The poor senior guy successfully embarassed himself by screaming like a woman when the kitten decided it didn't like the box anymore and jumped right out. It wasn't very nice... but basically, couldn't help bursting out in a loud KAKAKAKKAKAKA...

It really didn't like the box, so I had to sit beside the box and coax it to quiet down like a baby. Until it stayed really quiet and people started to get curious whether it was still alive. And so they started disturbing the box again. Sheesh... after a few hours in it, and I was having a discussion with my manager at the other end of the room and not able to fend off those idiots disturbing it, it decided it was not going to stay in it and fought its way out.

It came looking for me and as it walked through the long stretch of cubicles the expression of its face was like, "Whoooaaa... where am I? What world have I stepped into? What's this world of boxes I got into?" and it walked straight up to stand beside me, like a child running to mommy for protection (cue: aaawwwww).

I woulda kept it, but my parents hate cats. I'm more a dog person, but this lil' kitty really stole my heart. My business partner picked it up after her work, and the lil' kitty is now proudly called Elbie. Actually, it's LB, for Lucky Blue. Blue 'cause it came from my company, Lucky 'cause it apparently saved my business partner from a car accident. Because she was trying to watch out for the cat and drive at the same time, it made her super alert, and was then able to swerve and avoid a car pile up in front of her. You go girl. I knew Elbie was super special from the start.