I was once an ugly duckling 

My parents have countless times mused over how all my best friends throughout kindergarten till today, have been people of darker skin. Kindergarten, I had a best friend called Nora, who was a Malay girl. Then in primary school, I was close to two Indian girls - Lekha and Geetha. Secondary school Lekha was still a strong favourite though I was still close to some Chinese people.

Then came college and I found the love of my life, my Guju Wuju and a good buddy in Sharm. In uni, it was a girl from Bahamas and now I've (re)found another good chum - Nithie. We were in the same class in college, but Guju, Sharm and I were having a blast together and so was he with his two other good chums - ironically, another Chinese girl and Indian girl!

So anyway, we met up for dinner Wednesday night after cancelling countless dinner appointments between the two of us... and what a gala of a time we had! We kept talking and talking and we both didn't even finish our dinner, and we just laughed and laughed and laughed. I love the guy!

We were having dinner at Madam Kwan's at Bangsar and when we were walking down the staircase to leave, and a Chinese dude was walking up while reading a paper he had in his hands. He looked up and was so startled when he saw us he let out a scream while throwing his hands in the air! We were like 2 feet away from him, not even close to touching him! Since I'm always polite about not laughing out loud at people in their faces, I only smiled... but Nithie burst out in the big belly laughs he has and he just kept laughing so much so that all three of us just stood at the stairs laughing together!!!

Then we decided to take a pic of the two of us and we stood at the staircase trying to take pictures of each other, giggling and complaining to each other and finally... managed to get a nice lil pic of each other...




Classic Nithie comments: "You're becoming a normal person! You used to be such a stingy Chinese girl!" After I told him I spent RM300++ on shoes.

"You're like an ugly duckling... no, you were like a decent duckling, who has bloomed into a swan!"