Sheesh... just because I'm making a more conscious effort these days to be cheerful, everyone seems to be getting on my case! I guess that's what you get for having a habit of being moody and cranky. When you start looking happy, it makes people suspicious. I just sit there, minding my own business and smiling away to myself and almost every time I'm caught smiling at my screen someone will question me. It's almost as if it was a sin to look happy in the office.
I can almost hear it now, the murmurs of resentment coursing through the office as they whisper to each other, "There she goes again. She's smiling. In the office! How dare she? Her manager must not be pushing her enough. Doesn't she have enough work? Isn't she tortured enough like the rest of us? Sacrilegious! Burn her!! Burn her we say!!!"
Seriously, I think my office is filled with one too many bitter people. I did my hair in a different way in the office today and my boss was questioning me in a somewhat accusatory tone, "Eh, it's quarter end and you actually have time to go to the salon to do your hair?!?"
Urm... hellooOo, I could be plotting to take over the world in the 1 hour in the salon for all you know. But unfortunately no money to go to salon just to get my hair styled. I'm not paid that much you know.
Wanna score with your bosses? Start looking like you haven't slept in weeks and bitterly (and dramatically) beat your chest with your left hand and hold up your right against your forehead while wailing about how tired you are from working. That's the way to go. It doesn't pay to look healthy and cheerful. Cynicism, bitterness and frustration. Now that's the hallmark of a true worker.
*Eyes rolling*
Ladidadidum...I know why you're smiling lots at the screen...tee hee hee =P
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:31 AM