My first breakdown... 

I had my first car breakdown today. :'(

It's been temperamental in the last 2 months and when I had finished a meeting with a business partner I was driving back to the office and to my utter dismay, my car started making some funny noises. I kept driving slowly in hopes to find a mechanic or find some place I could stop my car anyway, and finally my car gave up on me... along the main streets of KL, where the heaviest of traffics congregate, opposite of Pudu Jail.

Sigh.

Thank goodness I was at the left side of the road. My first reaction?

Call DaDDy!!!!!

Then I made some panic calls to my colleagues.

And as I was sitting in the car trying very hard not to make any eye contact to anyone else in the vehicles that slowly inched past my car in the midst of the thick crawl of traffic, a policeman came up.

In Malay, he asked, "What do you hope to achieve by sitting in the car?"

Ass. What did he want me to do? Get out and push my car to the nearest mechanic? Like get some education in courtesy and some basic intelligence. Yeesshh...

Thank goodness seconds later my father's face appeared. Sigh... thank God for fathers. And my father brought along a mechanic as well. So the three of them, my father, the mechanic and the policeman pushed the car to go up the curb so that it could ease some of the traffic.

So what happened? There wasn't enough water and the car overheated. But we suspect something more because it has been showing more serious symptoms than just being out of water. My dad proceeded to lecture me a little about how I should check on these things. I kept quiet although I was mentally reminding my dad he was the one who told me he had father filled when he sent my car to the workshop for a checkup.

Minutes later my dad remembered that himself and started musing about how he thought he had got the last mechanic to fill it with water. After a while my colleagues came and helped me do a car exchange, where I had to drive my dad's car to pass to my uncle and followed my colleagues back to office after that while my dad stayed with my car until it cooled down for him to add water and then drive home with it.

This is one thing I like most about my dad. He's very dependable and sure to come to our rescue when we need him to. Sigh... I don't know what I would do without my dad.

Although, my parents are sure to use this excuse to force me to buy a new car. :{

I've been trying to deflect that for 2 years now. I think it's such a waste of money buying a brand new car when I can use my mom's old car for free. :P

The first thing came to my mind when I saw the post title is " Ee wei....it's time to get a new car girl..." hahaha......!!!

Post a Comment