I was at Sungei Wang yesterday evening with Nithi, doing some shopping. And halfway as I was trying on a skirt, I had an overwhelming urge to urhmm... release something. So I dashed as quickly as I could to the closest toilets. Yes, it was so bad that I overcame my distaste for Malaysian public toilets!
So anyway, I won't share too much details on that. But the point I'm leading to is that I've been having stomach discomfort (to put it mildly) for the last two months or so that I finally got fed up with the inconveniences of it and decided to see a doctor today.
So apparently, the doctor suspects it could be an infection in my intestines. Oooo! The drama mama side of me is relishing in the news! And the normal side of me is mildly unconcerned. I'm sure with proper care this will pass. One of my colleagues is sure to chide me. The first few days I had diarrhoe, he kept telling me to go to a specialist but I was thinking what a drama king he was. Hehe. Looks like he was right after all. I should have.
Anyway, the break I took in Australia did a world of good for me. The temporary disconnect from the rest of the world helped me clear up some things in my head.
For one, I noticed how arrogant I've been becoming at the office. I suspect complacency and comfort zones does that more often than not. When one becomes more adept at what they do and grow in the knowledge and skills, they tend to become comfortable with themselves and then arrogant and overbearing to others as they perceive themselves as their better. I see the reaction of distaste as a result of such arrogance and I hope that I do not go down that path.
I'm smiling more now as well, especially to waiters bringing the dishes or to cleaners, and I feel the smile reaching deep into my heart. It's been a while since I've been able to do that. The stress and frustrations at work was turning me grim before the break I took.
I went to church service this morning after missing for 2 months. When I sang, I felt my spirit stir. Something I've not been experiencing for a while as well. At times, the sins in my life tried to block God out, but this time, I felt more wounded, in need of healing from God rather than guilt. I wonder if I'm coming to an end to my prodigal daughter journey and am now ready to return back to the Father. In due time, I'm sure I will.
Bro O is in town and I'm meeting up with him later this evening. Sigh... whenever this dear old mentor of mine rings me or meets up with me, he is sure to say something that will cut through the debris of my life. It's great to have him as a mentor, but at times like this, when I feel too tired and want to say, "It's too hard. I'm not able," having someone pushing me forward and not allowing me to stop can be annoying.
However, it's good God made Bro O to be such a funny character. It helps when you're busy laughing while being whipped to move forward. :}
After some much needed break...
Post a Comment