Boy... this is how jet lag feels huh? It's 7pm and I'm feeling completely exhausted. I came into the office all bright and chirpy and more than one remarked that I looked very refreshed. Yes, it was a good break indeed.
I had actually planned to work during my break in Australia and I packed my laptop along. But at the airport, waiting to board, I realised I forgot to include the power adapter! And we all know how common it is to find ThinkPads, especially with students (I was staying at Gurjeet's apartment on the University of New South Wales accommodation).
Then when I landed in Australia, I realised, in my haste to pack (yes yes, I shouldn't have done last minute packing), I had just shut the lid of my laptop, and left it on standby mode for more than 8 hours! So by the time I got off the plane, the battery had already died and I could not do any work at all!!
Sigh...
Yes, hear the disappointment in my words!
But, nevertheless, I guess it worked out for my own good. It did force me to really take a break from things. And although I've just been gone for 10 days, it really felt like I had been gone for a month. I just disconnected from the world I know so completely that it felt weird coming back to Malaysia wondering what changes I would find during the period I left. Apparently nothing much. Go figure.
I thank GOD for the battery flat and etc!! Told you...holidays is to relax, not a mobile working station!!! haha...think GOD heard my prayer huh??? haha......
Posted by
StephyQ |
4:07 PM