I walked into the office this morning, feeling a cross between 'bright and chirpy' and tired. When I saw some colleagues stepping out of the meeting room I smiled and waved at them, one of them immediately stopped me and asked me for help. The company had participated in the annual Rat Race jointly organised by The Edge and Bursa Malaysia, and half of those participating in the run conveniently pulled out the morning of the race!
So since I've recently just renewed my zest in getting rid of my cellulites, I accepted the request to substitute the last minute ditchers since I had nothing planned for the afternoon.
When we got to the Bursa Malaysia building, I was kinda taken aback by the throng of people there. Some of them like RHB really went all out in supporting the event by sending in 12 teams! Each team comprises of 5 people, and to register a team, it would cost the company RM10,000! Hehehe... most company sent only 1 team. And all the money would be used as donations to various beneficiaries. I think it's such a great idea.
There were categories besides Best Runners and Best Teams, such as Best Cheerleading Team, Most Senior Runner, Best Dressed Team, etc. And a lot of the companies that participated really went all out in their participations, which was really great. So much team spirit!
At first, my company's team felt a little shy, because due to some mishaps, we weren't really very prepared for anything. No banners, no uniforms, no theme, no clue. All we did was to tell the two fastest runners to just run and forget about us, and the rest of us will bravely hold the back. Heheh...
Oddly enough, the friends we made in the race were our 'competitors'; our dear hardware competitor and consulting competitor. Roshan was also there, who was with the GE team with really fantastic props (they won Best Dressed).
When we were standing at the starting line, everyone was chatting, making jokes and having a good time. In my excitement, I was talking to anyone and everyone, and in that moment, Bro O's words of me withdrawing too much came back to my mind. He's right of course, he always is. Me, shy? No, I never was. Just bitten.
Anyway, we ran all the way from Bursa Malaysia building, through Jalan Tunku Rahman? Was never good with road names. Past The Weld anyway, and then got unto Jalan Sultan Ismail, past KLCC, back unto Jalan Sultan Ismail and then went back towards Bursa Malaysia building.
When we reached the finishing line, we were in the 400ths. But one of our girls was the first in the women category!! Hehehe... we could finally hold our heads up high and puff up our chest contrasting with our embarassed 'tail-between-our-legs' state at the beginning.
All in all, it was a fantastic time we had. Now who said rat races can't be fun?! ;)
For pictures, click here.
Rat Race!
Post a Comment