When Tricia asked me whether I wanted to go for Matthew and Sammi's wedding in Singapore, I was feeling apprehensive. Travel all the way to Singapore just for their wedding? What more, Tricia wanted to leave on Friday night and return Sunday morning? But it would be nice to go there with someone so I agreed to go, more for Trish's sake than Matthew's sake (:P).
As usual, it was a mad rush for me whizzing home after work to pack and to rush to the bus station. And sighh... here's another evidence of my air-headness... as I sat on the bus with Tricia, settling down after the bus started its journey:
Tricia: What time did you finish work?
Me: Oh, about 6pm. Rushed home, yadda yadda yadda...
Tricia: Have you eaten? If not, I brought bread.
Me: Oh, that's good.
Tricia: So did you bring your passport?
Me: ... ... NooOoooOoo!!!! omigoodness, Tricia, how how how?? I didn't bring it!!! Omigoodness I can't imagine how I can forget to bring my passport!!! How??! HOW?!?!?
Tricia claimed that was the first time she ever saw me panic so much and that I was close to tears. But I must commend her. She was incredibly calm, and took control of the situation. She went to ask the driver where he was headed and got him to stop at the NPE toll so that my father could get my passport and pass it to me.
So I called my dad and passed my panic over to him and thank goodness I kept my passport in a very easy place to find. Within 5 minutes of stopping at the NPE toll, my dad came like a knight in shining armor in my red Wira. Phheewww...
Yes, many things to be thankful of.
1. A dependable father who I can turn to for help
2. Friends
3. Family
Thank God Tricia asked the question or I might not have realised it until it was too late!! Thank God that Tricia did not buy the bus tickets for the coach I recommended but chose to buy one that was leaving from Bangsar LRT and going through the NPE toll (very close to my house). Thank God my father was available.
So Tricia left back for KL this morning, while I'm still here in Singapore, working from my cousin's home. Thank God that my company enables us to be flexible and work mobile. Leaving back for KL Tuesday, since it's a public holiday for Selangor.
Yes, I'll be leaving with my passport gripped in my tight fist.
Airhead
Post a Comment