Had good fun today. Dashed off to catch friends for dinner and movie today and left work really early. 6.30pm is super early to me, and I felt a tinge of guilt as I tried to leave the office as inconspicuously as possible. But I still felt good, being able to leave the office even if traces of work lingered on my mind.
But maybe it's another string of attachment to work is being released. That I can leave behind work and office and reclaim back the time that rightfully belongs to me. We shall see. Still too early to tell if it's just a phase or it's truly a readjustment to a different lifestyle. Especially since the race for the year end has already begun to truly heat up now that the long Raya break is over. Even if I can say money, commissions and my targets are not all-important to me, it is to some of my colleagues, and I need to balance up responsibility to my work and team members and to the other 'balls' which is my family, friends and church that I'm juggling in my life.
So anyway, had dinner, caught a movie and then had drinks at mamak. Pretty late night actually. Had planned to go back earlier since I wanted to tie up some loose ends of the working day, but looks like I'll just have to do it early tomorrow morning.
To cap the night, when I came home, my neighbour's cat was somehow extra affectionate to me, happily leaving the porch of the house next door to cuddle up with me. It was being rather cheeky with me though, at one point trying to playfully bite my arm all of a sudden. It's one thing to play with a dog's teeth, but cat's teeth is rather sharp you know. But nothing like having a furry animal to just ease a bit of tension from you.
Doing REAL juggling now
Post a Comment
