Home 

Back from Singapore. Enjoyed it more than expected. For some reason, felt there was a reason to it, especially since I didn't want to go to Singapore initially but changed my mind 2 weeks before the wedding. And especially since I was en route without my passport but thank God that Tricia asked me the question when she did because it allowed my father to catch up with the bus with my passport on time. If not...

Saturday was great fun, while Sunday was equally as fulfilling. Went to St James church, where Bro O is attending. It was a little hard to focus on the preacher as my mind kept wandering. Joined Bro O and two other sweet Singaporean lass for lunch and after that had a looooong chat with Bro O after the other two girls left. The chat left me a lot to think about.

Then rushed back to my cousin's place to get ready and leave for Matthew's wedding dinner. Ended up sitting with Sammi's Chinese friends and everyone was speaking in Mandarin! Tricia should have been there. She would have been my interpretor and I think she would have very much enjoyed their company. They were very merry and very nice people.

After the dinner, my cousin picked me up again and when we went back to her apartment we had a very loooong chat as well. A rare thing to do for me. Because of some history, I've never spoken much with my family until recent years. I think I shared a bit too much for my comfort, but then, it was never really about me.

Sigh... although some things no longer haunt me, I still feel something when one side of the family points it out as if by speaking of it, lessens it. Or by speaking of it in a blaise manner, it decreases it. However, on another side of the family no one ever speaks of it, as if ignoring it somehow makes it nonexistent.

I don't know which hurts more. Or angers me more. No, it's a lie, of course I know.

Anyway, a friend once commented that crossing over from Singapore to Johor is like being in US entering into Mexico. I can't tell, I got on the bus this morning and nearly immediately started dozing off. The heavy weekend finally got to me.

What I miss most of Singapore is their relatively clean public toilets as compared to the disgraceful ones in Malaysia. Our infrastructure and public transportation may be also a tad pathetic compared to theirs. Not to mention a general lack in security and maturity in the country.

BUT!

It was such a beautiful relief to come back to my room and have beautiful silence and listening to the crickets and croaking frogs instead of the constant sounds of traffic. There are loads of things I love of Malaysia that far outweighs my gripes about it, but all I can say for now is, it's good to be home!