I woke up feeling sulky at the whole world. I was just spoiling for a fight with anyone. A colleague who I've been silently resentful at for a while (she gets credited for the revenue I work my ass to bring in and does nothing to contribute at all), called in the morning and I snapped and followed through with numerous sms-es to explain my resentment towards her.
I went to the clinic after that, and when my insurance card had some problems getting clearance, I was ready to battle it out with the insurance company. But since they clearly had no idea what was wrong, I decided to take my sulkiness elsewhere.
Then I went home and rested, and went out to meet some friends in the evening to get some stuff. On the way back to the car where I parked, I was approached by some guy claiming that I owed him RM4 for parking at a private carpark. Ahhhh... perfect! What better time to unleash my pent up fury!
He was waving a notebook that showed ____'s Parking, like that's suppose to prove he has the right to claim money from me. Brilliant scheme isn't it? So even though it was dark at night, and there wasn't anyone else around except the idiot standing beside my door, and I should have shut up, given him the money and disappeared as quick as possible for safety's sake, I couldn't resist. Of course, me behind locked car doors still gave me a little boost of boldness and I started to give him a piece of my mind.
"Eh, tempat ni untuk public tau. Kenapa saya perlu bayar?!?"
"Ya, perlu bayar RM4." Waves notebook.
"Bayar untuk apa?! Tak ada sign pun yang kata saya perlu bayar kalau saya park sini!?"
"Ya, saya diri kat sana tadi kutip dari kereta lain, tak dapat datang sini beritahu you larh." Waves notebook again.
"Apa? I tak peduli you berdiri kat mana, tempat ini untuk public, tak ada sign yang beritahu saya mesti bayar! Kalau ada saya takkan park kat sini ok!"
"Ok lah ok lah... bayar RM3 saja lah."
"Apa RM3?!?! Saya tak ada tukar lah!!!"
"Ok ok, RM2 lah!"
After throwing him a few more black looks I decided to take up his offer of compromise since I figured I didn't need him to suddenly get mad on me and kick my car which just came back from the workshop (my neighbour's contractor dented my car).
Yar yar, I know with crimewaves happening in Malaysia these days, I took unnecessary risks. But what the heck larh. I will not cower and let fear terrorize me. The more you run, the
more these people will ask of things from you because they think you won't put up a fight.But yes, the point is, I've been on a bad behavior today. No excuses. I just felt mang the whole day. I think I may have to rethink about what kind of job I want to be in. The pressures and demands of a sales career is getting into me. That and also my period's due soon. PMS my friend, I'm sure of it.