So I got into the office nice and early and ready to take on the day with my bare hands (imagine fists shaking the air with triumph).
And when the day officially started with the weekly team meetings on our business performance, I had to dash to the toilet to wee. For the record, I can't think of anything that feels better than when you empty your pundi kencings*. I guess when you clear your bowels it's a pretty darn good feeling as well, but nothing really makes me go aaahhhh as when you've been holding your bladder for a while and then you release it all in a rush.
Ok ok, back to my story. So there I was, going aaahhhh, and I was ready to head back into the meeting room to present my sales report (with the picture of my fists shaking the air coming into my head again).
When...
The stooooopid toilet door wouldn't open!!!
I banged it and violently tried (and I mean violently) to shake the blardi whatchamacallit lock and it didn't budge!! I started raising my voice...
"HEY!!!"
"I'm locked!"
"Oh NooOooOoo!"
"Stooooopid door!"
"OI!"
"$(@#&$@(%^&$@"
Finally, I called my colleague up, "Urh... I'm kinda stuck in the stooopid toilet. Could you pass June a screwdriver to bring it to me?"
And the best part was, oohh you would so love this... there was a lady beside my cubicle, nicely washing herself (in Malaysia, we have water pipes besides the toilet bowls where we can wash ourselves after we're done. Toilet papers alone just doesn't feel all that clean you know). But she didn't say anything!
And can you believe it?!? She got out of her cubicle, washed her hands, and left the toilet without a single peep!!! And I was knocking my cubicle door whimpering for help!!!
Ok fine, maybe I didn't specifically ask, "Hey, you, yeah you, outside my cubicle, can you help me?"
But... it's common sense isn't it?! I was definitely loud enough for her to hear me unless she was stone deaf but... she walked away without a single "Are you ok?"
Gee... thanks for your help!
When June finally came to my rescue (and she bumped into that same doofus as the doofus was exiting the toilet. Apparently she looked like she was walking with bubbles popping around her head) I had to use the screw the unhinge the lock before I could escape.
After that, I could only think at shaking my fist at the doofus and the stooopid toilet door in disgust.
Lesson of the day: Bring your mobile phone everywhere you go, including into toilets. And a swiss knife if possible.
Mobile phones and Swiss knives
Post a Comment
