Not sure why, but I've come back to work with a rather peaceful heart and mind. I still feel tired especially when work begins to pile up and everyone is screaming "URGENT!!!"and rushing me. It's also challenging when there are new colleagues on board and having to spend time to guide them. Company processes can be killer. More often than not, I've seen those who learn how to embrace them and dance around them thrive in their j
obs. Those who refuse to learn the processes fight it, and end up burning themselves out. And then there are those who just don't care and well, it seems as if when they are apathetic to their surroundings, their surroundings become apathetic to them. Interesting innit? Like our surroundings actually respond to the energy we release. Positive energy to beget positive energy, and negative begets negative.But back to the point. It's interesting because despite things being BAU (business as usual), it's almost as if I'm sailing through the days a little easier. It's like how you pick up a new game and struggle to finish the level because you're not familiar with it but when you get better at the game, you start flying through it.
During the weekend I came to a decision, to cut off work after 7pm and force myself to abandon work so I can have more time for life. Even if it means responding later, which could lead to poorer job performance. Boundaries, you know.
The thought of allowing my job performance to drop worried me, but I think Someone was also reminding me that when I choose to honour God, God will honour me back. And you know, despite me slowing down my usual frantic pace at work, it does almost seem as if I've experienced much favour already this week alone. Favour from colleagues and even from my manager. Trust me, I'm very surprised of the latter. I'm blunt, hot headed and aggresive. The mixture makes me a very uncomfortable person to have around especially when I'm in the mood to challenge authority.
I echo your thoughts Snoflek, who am I that You are mindful of me indeed.