When I got into the office at half past eight in the morning, I could literally feel my stress hormones having a joyride through my head.
Then when I had my weekly sales review at 10am, I was dreading it. My sales report was dismal. The only thing I had committed to my manager was a small little project, which I had already committed a month back but still had no movement to closure!
My manager can have a fiery countenance and I was not looking forward to the sales review. I hid in the farthest corner of the room from him when we started our team weekly sales meeting.
Desperate, I was MSN-ing with a business partner of mine asking if he had updates for a project and he committed to me a sizable amount for the month! I had to tell him not to break my heart and if he closed the deal for me I would be incredibly in love with him but of course told him to tell his wife that since I met her and really liked what a sweet woman she was. Hehehe... he definitely seemed amused by me. Now who says MSN is not productive?!
I really do love the guy. It's not often you work with a business partner who is independent, autonomous and incredibly dependable because of the efficiency and honesty. And this incredibly sweet man saved my fat ass last month and set to save mine again this month. How can you not love this guy when he looks set to help me overdeliver my numbers two months in a row?!
Aside from that, my manager who has a bit of a temper has done an excellent job of trying to overcome his weakness. Having my own issues such as moodiness, I know it isn't as easy as saying deal with it just because it's not pleasant at the receiving end. It's like trying to win an arm wrestling match with someone who has the bigger brawn. But he has improved his temper so much that no one can deny the efforts he has made.
I highly dislike any manager who are insincere, selfish, would cover their sorry asses even if it meant throwing yours in the frying pan or sneer behind your back and spread stories about you. Not that I know of any manager that did that to me, but I do know what that manager said about another subordinate. Above all, I dislike managers who are like that and act all pious like their characters should be never be questioned. Ka pui!
If you wanna say something about a person make sure you can still say the same thing in the same tone in front of that person. Don't be freaking coward and sneak around with your coy word and looks.
Ok ok. Enough venting already. Heck, I'm not perfect myself. I can't look beyond sneering cowards, but I'm pretty darn sure there are people who can't look beyond my own flaws. No way am I decreasing my shortcomings, but if a blog is for people to think aloud, then I'm allowed to do it once a while aren't I?
friedbeef. it was duly noted. :P
Posted by
ee |
11:06 PM