Cake advertorial 

I don't know why, but I'm feeling advertorial at the mo.

So in case you didn't know yeah, I'm very special in my work team. I am, *jeng jeng jeng* the Chief Morale Officer of the team. Coincidentally, the one with the lowest morale at the moment, but nobody cares do they?!?! And as touted by one, no moral one also. :P

Also coincidental, some of them translate CMO as equal to CCO... Chief Complaint Officer! Well to some anyway. Any thing dissatisfied? Go to CMO @ CCO!! Hehe... thank goodness I lap up gossip like a cat does milk. At least I get to have the inside scoop on office gossips.

Anyway!

So I wanted to throw in towel since low morale mah. But three birthdays coincided in the last two months and my manager texted me to do something (since I decreed at the appointment of CMOship that every birthday had to be celebrated - how was I to know everyone else's birthday fell from that month onwards and only mine was before my appointment as CMO?!). Eeeshh... since he requested me to do something that day itself, I had to rush to 1U to get a cake.

I walked and walked and well... being fussy about food at times, all the normal looking cakes at normal looking bakeries didn't look worth the money I was willing to spend.

Then I went to Bakerzin.

The cakes were smaller looking than the normal looking cakes in normal looking bakeries. And the price was higher too. But I figured, boutique bakery, small and expensive, must be good also riiite???

And they didn't disappoint! I bought two cakes since they looked small, which cost me RM80 ish... with special discount because they thought I was pretty. Hehe.

What?! What makes you think I'm lying?!?

So I bought Jivara and Tiramisu. Oooohh... absolutely delish! Jivara was excellent! It was sooo good some of them took seconds. The praline crunch base of the Jivara made it hard to slice at first, but when you put it in your mouth, the chocolate mousse simply melts in your mouth. I kid you not, it is good.

The tiramisu is one of the better ones than most tiramisus I've had elsewhere. But not the best. Still good though. But I was told by the staff at Bakerzin Chocolate Amer was pretty good as well. Pity they didn't have it then.

So it was a little more expensive than normal cakes, but having celebrated a number of birthdays with different cakes, I've noticed that it's no point buying a cake for the sake of having one and having no one enjoying it but eating for the sake of it and leaving the extra for the birthday fella to take it home 'coz they didn't even want to touch the cake in the first place. So if you're going to have to buy cake, you might as well spend a bit more and enjoy every bite of it!

And of course, the best part is seeing other people enjoying it. :)

Yes Bakerzin is lovely! But OMG so pricey lah! (Worth it though... but pocket must be able to tahan lor) My friend introduced me to Bakerzin last year. Every time I pass the 1U outlet, I go *drool* hehehe

Post a Comment