I got these 2 messages out of the blue on my Friendster, and I thought it was pretty sweet.
Hey There! How are you? My name is _____. I doubt you'd remember me. Even my dad doesnt quite realize i exist so i dont blame you la.He probably thinks Aylwin is a pot or something. Anyway, i used to go to AP**T back in the old days 00' 01' 02'. Gosh i sound like my grandpa already la. hahaha.. I used to remember you and Gurjeet always moving together inseparable like Frodo and Sam. You guys are bonded so tight even a thermo-nuclear explosion couldn't seperate you guys apart. And there i was, blending in with the wall or the dustbin, when you guys used to walk past i used to think to myself... pretty girls... then drool abit but as you all come near i used to wipe all that drool and TRY to act all macho and after you all walked pass by me i used to giggle like a lil catholic school girl. hahahaa.. i was... uhhh.. okay well i still am pathetic la. hehehee.. Anyway, hope to hear from ya. Hope i didnt freak you out. It's just the voices in my head told me to write this msg. *psychotic eye twitch* Have a good day ahead.. God bless.. :-)
and
Hey! Gosh i really didnt think you'd reply me ya know. I thought you'd call the mental hospital on me or something. Nevertheless i'm very happy for the reply and appreciate u not turning me in *looking over my shoulders*. hehehe.. Tell me bout being rusty.. Just the other day my friend asked me for my phone number and i just totally blanked out. Some more it's something i use everyday. Not like its something blending in with the wall or dustbin in college 4 years ago. Yup, i'm so rusted even a whole can of WD-40 wont help so trust me i totally understand. Plus i dont consider having a very memorable face unless you've had nightmares of my face waking up sweating in sheer terror.
You guys were popular to begin with. It's like you guys had camera flashes flashing all over as if u were walking down a runway in milan or something. hehehe.. But the cool thing bout you guys is that you didnt seem to be like those girls who want attention.. :-) I mean i wasnt like the most popular joe in college la but sometimes u guys walked pass by and you'd smile or i'd smile and you'd smile back or i'd wave and you'd wave back ya know? just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.. soon after i got the wave or smile i'd do that whole school girl gigg-ly thing.. yeah yeah i know i'm pathetic.. *waving wooden twig flag with a white hanky on it* hehehee..
okay okay.. I've wrote enough to come up with a book thicker than the bible la. hehehe.. I'm really really glad to hear from ya. Thanks so so so much for adding me and for the reply. Hope to get a reply from ya soon. Take care there k? and Have a super awesome day ahead. God bless.. :-)
I forwarded the messages to Gurjeet to see if she recalled the guy who sent it, but she didn't. I vaaaguely recall seeing his face around, but its been what, 4 years already. So that's what it felt like, being popular... nothing? Heh... naw, me and Gurjeet concluded we were just having so much fun together it made us completely oblivious to our surroundings!
Urhmm... put two hyperactive and loud girls and I guess attention's bound to be drawn. But college was really such a blast. There were a lot of talking, gossiping, giggling, painful belly laughings, eating, name callings, sleeping (me), flirting. Oh yes, as I recall, we also got the entire class to gamble and a Middle Eastern classmate won so much that he bought me lunch.
The funniest thing was, me and Gurjeet would keep on talking in class, but all the lecturers would pick on her and not me. Heheh... guess I had the more angelic look. Also helps when you ask questions in the midst of the talking, as if you're actually pretending to gossip but actually listening. :P
The best part was one time, I actually decided to study on a subject the day before (very rare occasion). The lecturer for this subject was sooooo boring even the brainiest girl couldn't focus. And I promptly, as I always do in his class, folded my hands in front of me and went to sleep. When I stirred from my nap, I found the lecturer asking a question to the class and getting very aggravated by the silence. Since I read something in the book the night before, I answered his question (while my head was still fuzzy with sleep) and he exclaimed happily and loudly, "At least one person is paying attention!!"
Hahhaah... I can still remember the classic look on Nithie's face when he turned and whispered fiercely, "Didn't you just wake up?!?!"
So yeah, college days were just excellent. ;)
The good ol' days
Post a Comment