This has been the toughest week ever in my entire working career, in terms of morale. I've been struggling the entire week to focus on my work, without much success.
Which is odd, when you think about it, my workload has reduced tremendously since they brought in a new contract staff to help with the admin work and I've offloaded a lot of brainless stuff that used to tie me down to her.
In terms of my own personal targets, I'm on track. But a lot of stress comes from helping the team achieve the overall targets.
My manager who can be quite unbearable when he gets into his fits, which is quite regular like a woman's menstrual cycle. So regular we know when his menstrual cycle hits him. I really disliked him so much in the first quarter of the year. But in the last few months minus the vehement naggings, he has not thrown a fit with me. Quite the other way round now, some colleagues say I've been quite 'brutal' with him. That's what I mean about my biggest weakness. When I'm peeved, I lash out not caring how it hits the other person.
The good thing is that my boss is also a Choleric, so he hasn't been holding my harsh words against me. At least I hope so. I think Cholerics make the best sort of employees though. They may be hard to work with, but they're independent enough that you don't need to worry about getting results from them. They push themselves hard enough. I'm actually paraphrasing Li Shuan in this. ;)
My boss is such a comic sometimes, despite his angry fits. He was away for a business trip and his out-of-office message stated his back up was my ex-team leader who left. I think everyone who saw it was trying to get hold of him to tell him about it, and when he called me I could hear his goofy grin. Later in the evening he called me from the hotel telling me, rather proudly I thought and with the same goofy grin, that he managed to erase his mistake. He's quite endearing when he starts acting goofy.
But back to my point. Workload is lesser, expectations and pressures to perform is still the same, boss has been better, so why in the world am I so demoralised this week?
I have my suspicions.
Oh yes, and I'm a Coffee Bean convert. I've been struggling super hard this entire week in focusing and getting work done with little success. Until today, when I decided to get out of my house, which always makes it a little hard to concentrate when the TV or the bed distracts me a little. But I didn't want to work in the office because being the tension and stress there drives my morale even further down. And so I decided to work in Coffee Bean near home, and my level of concentration is up again. With the exception of taking some time to blog. :P
Ok ok, back to work.
Huh??? Thought you were busy....b'cos you keep on turning me away with a 'garang' msg.....ceh...actually is 'pretending' to be busy huh?? hahaha....ok ok...i just drop by to kacao again...so bored me!!! :(
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:58 PM