I was editing the video of Yvonne's 21st birthday party at Pat's Glenamara accommodations on UNN campus. And whenever I am reminded of the golden year in UK, I'm always thrown into a melancholic mood.
I'm thankful of finally being able to overcome my heartsick longing of going back to UK, but there are still times like tonight, when I think of the what ifs.
What if I had stayed back and gotten a job there?
What if I did get a job and able to go back there?
What if I never did anything and stayed in Malaysia for the rest of my life?
So many what ifs. The only consolation I have is knowing that I am where I am today because God wants me here today. I hope I don't grow deaf to His voice when He tells me to move tomorrow, or even worse, to think I heard His voice but was actually my own voice.
I'm a person of extremes and of different facets. And sometimes these different facets keep pulling me to different directions that makes me question who am I really? This same tension kept me at my wit's end in the last three years, but now I guess I'm learning how to take it in stride. I'm not as frustrated as I was before, and learning to accept how I'm wired.
Anyway, here's a clip that was taken in 2003. So many wonderful memories. My only regret is that we didn't have more videos and pictures.
Can send me the video?? Office band video ....can't view the video clips.....pls...send to my gmail...thanks!!!
Posted by
StephyQ |
11:04 AM
aiyooo....ang eewei...y u post that video lah?? i so embarassing lahhhhh..
but anyway, sighhh...and those were the days...
Posted by
Yvonne @ Liyuan |
5:56 PM
steph! must remember to dig out the farewell video. need to get alvin ling to see whether he can korek out ah ming's birthday video also. oh yarh... and i also have wei ling's engagement party. were u there? i send to u tomorrow.
ah chan... ur birthday was one of the best parties becoz we were so busy laughing at u mah!
Posted by
ee |
10:19 PM
Will try to remember dig out the video and pass to u...meawhile can pass me the wei ling's one too?? Think that's the first time I had a deep talk with michell and yk....remember so vivid that michell tipu me said she only 18 years old.....gr~~~~
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:56 AM