I'm glad this week is finally over. It has literally been work, sleep, work, sleep. Meal times are just short breaks in between. I've also been working right through 2am every night consecutively.
Madness.
But I'm very happy this week for many reasons. Being able to exercise my workaholism is a small part of it.
For one, last weekend certain things fell to place and a recent restlessness was put to rest. Decisions were made and honest communications of it were well received.
For another, as a sales person, my cup runneth over. ;)
And another, being able to see my skill sets improve. And also a general improvement in my mindset and attitude.
Two weeks back, when I bumped into my work mentor, I was really struggling through work. We finally managed to catch up for lunch this week, and my disposition was of course greatly improved. We talked about a lot of things, and our time spent together was very fulfilling.
She made a comment on something and we discussed about how funny it seemed that my ex-team leader leaving the company was not such a bad thing after all. One of those instances I was reminded that God's wisdom is far beyond our own. And that He can turn any situation, including those precipitated by evil, into goodness and for His glory.
From my ex-TL's departure, I can now see how the team rallied together from severe demoralisation to be closer as team mates and as friends. For my ownself, I was pushed to stand on my own two feet and take ownership and lead in my own way.
On Thursday evening, the majority of the team tired ourselves out, because we spent nearly over 2 hours just chatting in the employee lounge. We just talked, joked, discussed, gossiped until we finally decided we had to leave because it was getting late, and some of us had been holding our bladder for too long just because we didn't want to interrupt the rapport we were having. :)
I've been working very closely with one of my new team mate, and it's been really fun. We would sit, work together, discuss and make decisions together. And when I needed to take a break, he would take over, and when he wasn't around, I took the lead to build rapport with the customer. I worked on his account while he worked on mine and though it was not the norm, our manager agreed to allow both of us to recognise the revenue from those projects.
As it's the month end, our manager was a little testy in pushing for orders to come in and unfortunately was a little too harsh with one of the admin girls. One of them came looking for me to help fend him off from her and I found the admin girl crying pitifully at one corner.
The somewhat humorous part of the situation was that she tried to explain to me what the manager did, but she kept crying and I couldn't understand a single thing she was saying. Then out of anger, she called someone that was somehow involved in it but she was crying so much she couldn't tell him anything as well, and then after that she called another team member who was also in some way involved and ended up crying again. I think none of us understood her at all.
The heartwarming part was seeing the team rally around her to just try to cheer her up. After a few hours of doing it, she finally started laughing again. I saw it in her eyes before she finally left the office, she felt it heartwarming as well, to experience the friendships built in the way it did in the last few months.
Another thing that made me happy was when I talked to Bro O last night about certain things. We concurred on certain things and it made me glad, with the added assurance on certain decisions. Then he told me Baby Ana walked 5 steps on Thursday! 5 steps! Awwww... she's growing up soooo fast! Hehe... hear me speak. I only met her for the first time a month and a half ago! But even when I saw her again a month after coming back from Singapore, I felt she grew up so much within a month! Awwww...
Mmm... ok, it's late. I really should start sleeping early again.
Recap on a good week
Post a Comment