He gave me this advice a long time back - boast! Boast as often as you can of the goodness of the people around you so that they in turn can be encouraged. Or something to that effect anyway. Of course, we should keep boasting in our God. And I would like to boast of how some of these people have impacted me so much because of the good works God has begun in their lives. I'm feeling lots of love right now ;)
Bro O, because in obeying God's will in your life, you changed the course of my life. I will always remember the day in A&W, because that marked among the more momentous milestones in my life. For your holy kick-in-the-butts, your wisdom, your weird sense of humour and insane laughter. And for being a godfather. And also for Jessie, because she released and supported you to obey God.
The girls from Newcastle, you guys have been an anchor to me, from your unceasing love, support, friendship. For Tricia being my back up singer, Yvonne for your companionship and holding my hand, Steph for your faithfulness to God, Cynthia for being part of the same foundation for me, Hui Min for your amazing ability to make people laugh and for all the gossips (without you Newcastle would not have been as amazing!), Chia Ying for just longing after God (it has inspired me in more ways than you know), and Fiona, for being your intensity - for God, for food, for friends! Patricia, for all the crazy nights we had at your place (Newcastle wouldn't have been the same without you as well!!)
Ashley, for all the talking, tea, and letting me visit you in Coventry.
D, for your friendship. Thank you for sharing my baptism. You made Jesmond Parish Church so so much more sweeter.
Ramzi, JPC also wouldn't have been the same without you. Thank you for the wonderful nights spent in Globe Cafe. And thank you for stopping by in Malaysia and for visiting my church here with me. It meant A LOT to me. I couldn't go to Newcastle, and you brought Newcastle to me.
Ian Garrett, for impacting my life and so many other university students. If ever there was a person who reminded me of Jesus, it would be you. (Ramzi, could you tell Ian I said that, 'coz I don't think he would read my blog)
Fung Ying, for your amazing love and faith in God. I feel I did not appreciate you enough when I was in Newcastle, but you were there in my shakiest moments.
Carla, there is no one more sorry than me for missing out on the chance of being your housemate. That was and is still the biggest disappointments in my life. If we could have had the time, you would have been one of my bestest friends!
Lou, your friendship is one of the most precious thing to me. You have never ceased to encourage me. You are one unique character and I pray you and Apple will have the best times of your lives.
Aunty Yoke Kuan, for your love and wisdom. And Uncle Hong Jin, above everything, thank you for pastoring me through my childhood pains.
Ee Von, you do know I wouldn't have made it here without you right?
Bee Theng, for being right there when I first came to Malaysia, and for holding my hand when I needed it most. Especially when everyone else important to me was else where.
Max, for providing me your sincere and open friendship and fellowship. You will never know how much I needed it.
So many people to say thank you over and over again. I wish I could list down every single name that had impacted me. But it's getting late and I do have a busy day at work tomorrow.
likewise eewei, likewise :)
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:37 PM
is bro O ur imaginary friend? a creation of your deluded mind? coz you never put down his full name hehe
sorry i'm being weird again
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:53 PM
adrian, good to know you're still alive and kicking, even if rather quietly. :)
sometimes i wish bro O was imaginary. altho, if he were, even if i gave you a name like Onesimus Macintosh it wouldn't make a difference right?
Posted by
ee |
5:58 PM