Transition, yet again 

It's one of those days. The kind you question what in the world you are doing with your life.

Currents are changing again. I suppose it's a yearly thing. :) When I predicted changes in 2006 while I was still in 2005, I didn't realise how dramatic those changes would be. I hope 2007 will bring me experiences that boggles my mind. It is after all, one of those momentous ages - 25, a quarter century old!! I hope I can look at it as fondly as I do my 16th and 21st year.

I know reflections on 2006 is a little premature since I'm still in it! But you can't imagine how much I've disliked 2006.

2004 was not easy for me, but it was still momentous for me because of the reconciliation with my past, so though bitter it was still sweet. In my previous post I've said the last 3 years has been difficult for me. I always wanted to correct that. It was only 2 years. 2004 and 2006.

2005 was pretty sweet actually. :) Thanks to someone for that experience. It was a year like no other. There were a few things that stands out in my memory, the trip to Cyberjaya and Putrajaya before CNY, the trips to parks, and just the memory of being special. It was really a very sweet year.

2006. Bleh. The only thing I can take back from this year is to never repeat the same mistakes I've made. I was like an overeager soldier, overconfident and impulsive and dashed out onto the battlefield thinking that only glory and fame awaited me. Only to get hit left right center and being taken out of the battlefield to treat my wounds while the devil laughed at my youthful naivete.

Oh yes, did I ever mention I have a problem with prematurity? I've always been a little mature in my thinking for my age. It's a blessing and a curse. Though lately I've been thinking it more as a curse. But that is a story for another time.

In the past week, the things I used to be so taken up with suddenly taste like cardboard to me. Like a candy that has lost its artificial flavouring.

Transition. Yet again. How frustrating.

The beauty of technology. I'm glad, in days like this, when I'm mulling over life and its intricacies, it takes me mere minutes to be connected to the Internet, and to speak to people, namely Bro O (he's online quite a bit), for a bit of a pat on the hand. Usually, since he stays in Singapore, we would occasionally ring one another up. But because our conversations tend to be intensified and could take hours, we don't talk on the phone that often. Only as is when we feel prompted to ring up the other. So now with google talk, it's been incredibly easier to stay connected!

So anyway, I started the post feeling just a wee bit frustrated. But after chatting with Bro O, I feel a little better. Am reminded to embrace pain and suffering that God may use it to turn it into a passion - a passion to in turn minister to others who will go through it themselves.

As a summary to all my thoughts above and those hidden behind them, though I may have disliked the year, all things work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 28:8). As to where all this is leading, I have my suspicions. I just wonder how it'll take form.