A lot of times I tell myself that I need to draw a line to how much I should give myself to work. Each time I want to enforce that line I've drawn, something happens that becomes an 'exception'. So much so the exceptions become once more the rule and it is the line that I've drawn that becomes the exception.
I want to say no to the unholy hours I put into work. I do. But... but... how?!?
I tell myself that I should not care what men think of me. If they say I'm lazy, or they say I'm selfish, or they say I'm not a team player. But... but... if the line I draw means pushing everything else to someone else, is that fair?
What was once black and white to me when I was an idealistic student of life has suddenly gone into a spiral of shades of grey, blue, black, purple, indigo, maroon, yellow, etc. Maybe things are still black and white. But I confess, I'm simply not wise enough to see it.
Black and white? Not quite sure
Post a Comment