Catching up on blogging 

I met up with a friend for lunch today, despite my manager calling me several times and each time indirectly telling me she wanted me back into the office pronto. I resisted the temptation to call my friend up to cancel the lunch appointment, but since I've been telling myself about how I should give a balance focus on relationships I felt it was just the time for me to make the difficult decisions.

I'm glad I kept the lunch appointment and as the friend would say, there are no accidents, are there?

It was an opportune encounter. This friend reminded me yet again the rawness of how God is in control of everything and nothing happens by coincidence.

With the thoughts that has been swirling in my head lately and from the conversation I had during lunch, it feels like God is nudging me to get back into the thick of the Christian community after drifting in and out of it in the last 3 years.

I have been mulling through a lot of thoughts in the last few weeks and it's been good.

....................................................


I miss Anastasia. She is such an absolute darling. Not sure how come I managed to develop such a strong attachment to her since I've only seen her twice. But her dad keeps me informed about her progress and I feel a keen regret that I don't stay closer to her parents so I can visit her more often. When her dad told me she took 5 steps a month back, I went AwWwWwww...

Then last Sunday night her dad told me she can now walk! She is suuuuchhhh a darling okaaay! Twice during conversations with her dad, when her dad laughed, she laughed along at the background. And just to prove what a darling she is, her dad told me she was burning with quite a high fever last night but she was still laughing on the way to the clinic today and doing her usual terrorising. She is so super active her dad calls her a 'mini TNB generator'.

....................................................


I've been trying really hard to start making difficult decisions and say no to work when it comes to balancing things. But it's so darn hard! When people start saying, "Please send me the file tonight. No matter how late. But I need it tonight."

And, "We need this resolved and we need it done now or else we (insert some terrible consequences)!"

Oh yes, I'm really indispensable. The company will fall apart without me. I am so important that I make their world go spinning*.



*If this is not sarcasm I don't know what is.